Thursday, January 22, 2009

First time's not usually a charm

Here we are, after reading months and months of another mom's posting I have finally decided to give this a whirl. What is so compelling about reading another person's intimate thoughts on the internet, I suppose it is the feeling of not being alone, not being the only one who wishes to be listened too. As the newest member of our family, Norah 6 weeks stirs in her sling against my body I realize I am not the only mother typing one-handed upstairs, the other hand soothing her newborn, praying that the toddler downstairs is indeed asleep. So why should anyone care what happens in my house? How could anyone check this blog everytime they logon? Well we'll see I suppose.


Today was a pretty good day so far, missed my weekly mother's meeting as I voted to stay in bed trying to sleep past Norah's scheduled 9:30 wakeup time. WHat is it with my children and schedules? I am probably the most unscheduled person on the planet, loving spontaneity craving random happenings, but Abby and Norah are like clockwork, same things, same times, they even nap and poop at the same times. funny but true.
This picture pretty well sums up Abby's behavior as of late, not exactly adjusting to a new little sister. But really after being the sole attention receiver of two parents at home 24\7 for her whole life can I really expect anything more? probably not.
Well off to maybe do some knitting before everyone wakes up again, oh and trying to convince myself that the 50% at Papa Murphey's really isn't worth the 50%more weight gain.. still trying........ still..... ahem...

No comments:

Post a Comment